TJshogi is an engine for playing shogi (Japanese chess). It is now available for download. It is not a strong shogi engine.
For use with the WinBoard GUI, use the WB version.
TJshogi playing using the Shogidokoro graphical user interface:
TJshogi Version History:
08/11/2008: Version 0.03 (USI):
- Initial USI version
08/16/2008: Version 0.03b (WB):
- Initial WinBoard version
11/19/2011: Version 0.10:
- WinBoard protocol changes:
- - support WinBoard “memory” command
- - use WinBoard 4.5+ shogi move protocol
- created TJshogi5x5 with Minishogi support (5x5 shogi variant)
- time management improved
- implemented late move reductions
- evaluation improved
- .ini file handling changed. new engine is no longer compatible with old TJshogi.ini files.